....but if you feel uncomfortable to answer any of those questions, than just
CLICK HERE to enter
and enjoy our fairytale adventure!
please be patient! .... it might take some time to download pages ....
"Croatian Tales" is by far one of the best collections of flash-animated interactive stories to date.
I personally feel that the collection of fairy tales enriches the lives of everyone while at the same time promotes a multicultural experience.
Helena Bulaja has done an amazing job of collecting a group of talented and unique animators to bring to life fairy tales from the Croatian literary work of Ivana Brlic Mazuranic.
I eagerly await Helena's next project.
Nicholas Da Silva,
Zoolook - principal / publisher
FlashTV! - founder / creative director
Flash Film Festival FlashForward2002, San Francisco - jury member
"Croatian Tales of Long Ago" signals a positive change in the art of animation: digital innovation, cultural
expression, and, best of all, international cooperation.
Steven Withrow, Author,
from the book: "Toon Art: The Graphic Art of Digital Cartooning", Watson-Guptill, 2003
INTERNATIONAL AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
- FlashForward2002 San Francisco - WINNER in the "Story" category;
"Neva was a finalist in category "Cartoon"
- Net Festival 2002, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - WINNER in the "Story" category
- 15th Golden Award of Montreux 2003 - WON a Finalist Award Certificate for the CD-ROM
- Lucca Comics&Games 2004, Lucca, Italy - "Il Miglior Opera Multimediale"
(the best multimedia work of the year)
- International Family Film Festival 2007, Hollywood, USA - the cartoon "Regoch"
by Helena Bulaja won best foreign short animation award
- New Media Festival 2002, Brudenell, Canada - "Neva" won Honourable Mention
- Site of the Month (07/2003) at www.davibowie.com
- Zagreb City Award 2003 - to project producers Helena and Zvonimir Bulaja
- Festival of Croatian Film 2003 - honored with special award for promotion of ethic values on film
- "Nobiliska" 2003, Čakovec, Croatia- a prize for the publishing project of the year
- Festival international du film d'animation 2002, Annecy France -
the cartoons "Quest" and "Stribor's Forest" were finalists in the Internet Film competition
- SXSW Interactive 2003, Austin, Texas -
finalist in the Animation / Cartoon category for the Web Award
- Ottawa Int. Festival of Animated Film 2002 -
cartoon "Quest" was a finalist in the Internet Film competition
- Ars Electronica 2002, Linz, Austria -
finalist of the Net Projects competition
- FilmFest Hamburg 2002 / Flash Award -
finalists in two categories: linear ("Jagor") and interactive ("Jaglenac&Rutvica")
- Flash in the Can 2002, Toronto, Canada - the cartoon "Quest" was finalist in the "Cartoon" category
- Flash in the Can 2003, Toronto, Canada - finalist in the "Story" category
- Festival Videoformes 2003, Clermont-Ferrand, France - finalist of the New Media competition
- Festival SICAF 2003 , Seoul, Korea -
"Stribor's Forest" and "Quest" were finalists of the Internet film competition
- Future Film Festival 2004, Bologna, Italy -
"Quest" was in competition of "Future Web Festival" (films for the Internet)
- Anti Film Fest 2004, Prague, Czech Republic -
"Fisherman Plunk and His Wife" was in the competition
- Imagimer 2005, Saint-Cast, Brittany, France -
"Fisherman Plunk" was in the competition
- Euroshort 2006, Warsaw, Poland -
"Regoch" by Helena Bulaja was selected for "experimental film" category
- Reel Women International Film Festival -
"Regoch" by Helena Bulaja selected in shorts category
- International Aarhus Festival of Independent Arts 2007, Aarhus, Denmark -
"Regoch" by Helena Bulaja in program "d'Arte"
- Imagining Ourselves Online Film Festival, San Francisco, USA -
"Regoch" by Helena Bulaja in the competition